The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Juuka (Juuan
evankelis-luterilainen kirkko) is built in 1850-1851
and ceremonically inaugurated into use 10.7.1859. The church is designed
by architect C. A. Gustavsson, but the belfry is built by the people of
Juuka in 1796. There's seats for 800 persons. The painting of the altar
is a copy of A. Von Becker's work "Christ on a cross" (Kristus
ristillä) and it's made by Kaarlo Kiljander (1885). The organ is made by
the organ factory of Kangasala: organ is mechanical with 22-sound-folds
and it is made in the year 1974.
In addition, there are multiple old soldier's graves around the church yeard.
Address: Tuhkalantie 2, 83900 Juuka
Open: 1.7.2020 - 31.8.2020 Mon-Tue 9AM-4PM